Following the Advancing Astrophysics with the Square Kilometre Array Science Conference in Giardini Naxos, Italy, from 8 June – 13 June, the SKA Organisation will be holding a webcast press conference on Friday 13 June at 13:00 CEST. Local media are most welcome to register to attend the event in person.
The press conference will provide an excellent opportunity for interested media to hear about the latest developments in the fields of cosmology, pulsars, cosmic magnetism and exobiology (Life in the Universe) and learn how the SKA will tackle fundamental questions in these fields thanks to the huge leap in observational capability it will provide. News from all three SKA precursor telescopes, namely ASKAP, MWA and MeerKAT, is also expected.
Over 260 top scientists from many different astrophysics fields are expected to attend the conference from all over the world to discuss the latest science updates relevant to the SKA.
Speakers will include:
- Prof. Philip Diamond, Director-General, SKA Organisation
- Prof. Robert Braun, Director of Science, SKA Organisation
- SKA Italy Representative (speaker to be confirmed)
- Prof. Justin Jonas, Associate Director, SKA South Africa
- Prof. Steven Tingay, Director, Murchison Widefield Array (MWA) telescope
- Dr Naomi McClure-Griffiths, Senior Research Scientist, CSIRO ATNF
Interested members of the media are invited to register by Tuesday 10 June by writing to email@example.com citing their name and affiliation. Further technical details on how to participate will be provided to accepted participants. Media unable to attend are welcome to send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.